Dear Valued Patients,
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us to care for you and your dental health needs.
In an effort to follow the latest guidance from the CDC, The Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois OSHA, The American Dental Association, and the Illinois Dental Society and to keep everyone on our community safe and cared for, we will be implementing the following adjustments to our office routines. We appreciate you and are grateful for your efforts to join us in confronting this change in health care delivery.
Please be aware that dental offices have been identified as a “high risk” environment for potential exposure for both staff and patients. During the initial phase of this pandemic, our office was quick to adapt and stay in front of the daily changing recommendations to maximize public, patient and staff safety. We have added several medical grade H13 True HEPA air Purifiers and implemented a Respiratory Protection Program. This allowed our office to provided the valuable urgent care of addressing endodontic related dental needs that ultimately reduced the burden on emergency rooms. We are now allowed to offer evaluation and treatment of non-urgent new procedures and all routine follow up of existing treatments.
To continue our role in protecting the public and all of our patients we ask for your cooperation in the following way:
- When you arrive, please call our office and we will come and meet you at your car.
- We will ask you a few check in questions and take your temperature at your car.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the office, we are currently unable to accommodate any companions in our office, they are welcome to sit in the parking lot but will not be allowed into the office at this time.
- All patient forms, including medical history must be submitted at least 1 hour prior to appointment time, if you are unable to complete this we are happy to help you reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering while entering our office, if you do not have one please let us know and we can provide you one for your appointment.
- If you have information/ materials from your referring dentist, please provide them to our staff when they meet you at your car , failure to do so may result in needing to reschedule your appointment.
We have always been and continue to be committed to keeping our office impeccably clean and sanitized. In response to the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have increased the frequency of these cleaning routines.
Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know that these and other changes may be inconvenient for both you and our office. However, we are confident that together we can protect your health and make a difference in our community.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Dr. John E. Stuparitz DDS, MS
CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
American Dental Association: Coronavirus Resource Center for Providers
New York Times: Most at Risk Professions